Wednesday, August 24, 2016

How to Start + Love the Blog of Your Dreams

Welcome Back Biggies!
I have been getting so many questions about blogging, writing, and content creating. I decided to take this opportunity to come on and chat with you guys about what it takes to become a blogger!

A COMPUTER.
It's simple. I know that before I started, I thought you had to have high-tech software, editing skills, and of course, a bomb briefcase. But honestly loves, you can start exactly where you are with what you have. Now I'm not a world-renowned Lifestyle Blogger, but I know just how to make your blog become your safe space. And that's why we're here right?


1. Choose Your Platform
First things first, you have to decide which medium you will use to launch your site. When I started my blog, almost two years ago, I did about 15 minutes of research before deciding on Google Blogger. I was just SO excited and I had heard a lot of positive talk about Blogger. I knew that I could have my own domain name, write as much as I wanted, and personalize my site (sort of) to my liking. There are tons of websites out there: SquarespaceWix, or even Tumblr are just a few. Believe me, there is a site and template out there that you WILL love, you just have to know what you want.

This leads me to my next tip...

2. Brainstorm- Use Some Ink
What do you want to blog about? Career Development, Beauty, Natural Hair, Technology, Travel, Spaceships.. The world is literally at your fingertips. Write down some goals or topics you have for your blog and begin developing those ideas. But always remember: your blog will change + grow just as you do. And honey, that's okay!

3. Don't Do What You Think Will Gain Readers
This is your time to be authentic and learn the absolute most about yourself. Create the type of content that YOU love. Don't go writing about natural hair and make-up tutorials if you know that's not your thing.

4. Be Consistent
Hey, I'm still learning this tip! Consistency has to go hand in hand with Reality. Don't promise to post twice a week, when you know your schedule is staring at you like, "Girl, When?!" Schedule time to blog. This is a freeing experience so try not to allow everyday mishaps to stop you from doing what you truly enjoy.

On the other hand, don't rush and post subpar content simply because it's been months and you haven't written a thing. Take your time and know that the internet will always be there for you. If you're having creativity block, embrace it. Explore new activities that will open your mind and soon become an amazing blog post for your readers.

And Finally,

5. Design, Design, Design
We live in a digital world. We are the millennials and unfortunately, we have a microwave attention span. Writing is beautiful, it's powerful, it is an art. But words alone, will not catch a reader's eye. Design your page to your liking. Add photos, gifs, and surveys to your blog. Be as interactive and fun as possible.

Somehow, in all of this, remember why you started. Alex Elle didn't become Alex Elle by comparing herself to similar bloggers. She remained true to herself, and truer to her words.

I hope you do, too.
NaturallyK's last minute tip: An online presence on other social media platforms may help attract readers that you already know!


Leave links to some of your favorite bloggers below. I'd love to see who you all are reading.

I love each of you.

Stay Happy. Stay Healthy.
~NaturallyKbiggie



No comments:

Post a Comment