Thursday, May 5, 2016

DIY Avocado + Banana Deep Conditioner

Welcome back loves!
Alright, so I've taken out my Marley twists, trimmed my hair....and abruptly realized it is MORE DRY THAN DUST. As you all know, I've been on an all-natural journey to cleansing my mind, body, and spirit, but my hair should not be exempt.

We are taking it back to the basics with this easy, all natural deep conditioner that you can make from ingredients STRAIGHT from your kitchen! This particular recipe is inspired by the beautiful Naptural85.

The first thing I do is wash my hair with a sulfate-free shampoo. Then I apply the conditioner.
Here is what you will need: 

1. One Whole Ripe Avocado 

2. One Whole Ripe Banana

3. 1/2 Cup of Aloe Vera Juice

4. Two Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender. This helps smooth the chunks of avocado and banana so that you don't spend hours in the shower trying to rinse it out later. Next, I pour the mask through a small rice strainer and into a large bowl to completely eliminate the chunks!

*The Blender and rice strainer are OPTIONAL. You can always whisk the ingredients together and it will work the exact same!*


Apply the conditioner, generously throughout your hair. Be sure to coat EACH strand!
Wrap your hair in  a plastic cap, or Kroger bag :), and allow it to penetrate your strands for at least an hour. During this time, you can go for a walk, watch some episodes of Grey's Anatomy, or cry about finals LOL.


Once an hour has passed, rinse the deep conditioner thoroughly. I also like to follow up with a rinse our conditioner to ensure that all of the avocado and banana smell is out of my hair.

AND there you have it folks! Soft, Moisturized, and Defined Curls! Comment down below some of your favorite DIY hair product staples. I'd love to chat with all of you.

Until next time!

Stay happy, Stay healthy!
~Naturallykbiggie








No comments:

Post a Comment